Thursday, October 03, 2013

Interview with me for The dark Sirens

Good evening all!

I have answered some questions for "The Dark Sirens" that you can read below and my answers in English are below the article:

Anette Olzon - Entrevista

October 2, 2013 at 8:38pm

Hola Anette, soy Sele González de la página Dark Sirens y tenemos unas cuantas preguntas para ti, que esperemos puedas responder.

Primero que nada, queremos que sepas que muchos extrañamos tu dulce voz y no podemos esperar por escuchar algo nuevo sobre ti, así que en esta entrevista queremos que nos aclares varias dudas sobre tu carrera solista.

Ahora que estás por tu cuenta ¿has recibido invitaciones de nuevas bandas para formar parte de ellas? O ¿te gustaría integrarte a una de banda de nuevo?

Tengo invitaciones de diferentes proyectos todo el tiempo, pero hasta ahora no he encontrado ninguno que sea adecuado para mí.

¿Cuáles son tus planes musicalmente hablando?

Algunos planes son aún un secreto, pero mi disco como solista saldrá en 2014

¿En tu país eres una mujer acosada por los fans?

No, aquí es un lugar muy tranquilo y eso es bueno :-)

¿Qué hacías cuando no eras cantante? ¿Siempre quisiste cantar? ¿A qué edad comenzaste?

Siempre he cantado desde la infancia, pero antes de empezar a trabajar como cantante a tiempo completo trabaje en diferentes puestos. He trabajado como asistente de proyecto, directora general y asistente web en oficinas, como asistente de veterinario, camarera y mucho más. También he estudiado psicología y cursos de gestión de proyectos en la universidad.

¿Cuáles son tus influencias? ¿Cuáles son tus cantantes favoritas?

En realidad admiro a muchas, pero principalmente a Sarah Brightman, Faith Hill, Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion y mucha más.

¿En estos momentos cuál es tu mayor fuente de inspiración artísticamente?

La vida :-)

¿Cómo va el proceso de composición de tu nuevo álbum?, ¿será un álbum personal o tiene algún concepto artístico?

Es un álbum personal y las canciones están escritas en su mayoría desde 2009, pero también he hecho algunas ahora. Escribo canciones muy tristes y creo que es porque soy como los payasos que parecen felices en el exterior, pero tienen una gran cantidad de dolor y daño en el interior. Las cosas que han sido dolorosas en el pasado es fácil de usarlas en mis letras.

¿Qué genero tendrás en la nueva música que estás haciendo?

Es difícil de decir un género ya que hay muchas canciones diferentes.

¿Cuándo lanzaras tu libro?

No lo sé todavía. Hay cosas en las que me quiero centrar primero, como por ejemplo mi disco, pero algún día tendrán el libro.

¿Qué piensas de la colaboración de Tarja y Sharon?

Creo que es genial y la canción es pegadiza y divertida. Ambas mujeres son cantantes increíbles, así que no puede ser otra cosa más que un Hit.

¿Te gustaría hacer un dueto con Tarja?

eso sería divertido :-)

¿Es cierto que en el primer show del DPP Tarja te mandó unas flores y una carta?

No, eso no es verdad:-)

Aparte de tu blog ¿te gustaría tener una página oficial en Facebook?

No lo sé. Podría tener una cuenta en Facebook cuando mi álbum salga, pero por ahora no.


Preguntas de los fans:

Luis Chaves manda saludos de Costa Rica y pregunta: Anette ¿Cómo te de autodefines como cantante?

Creo que soy una cantante versátil. Puedo cantar muchos estilos diferentes y tengo un amplio registro. Puedo cantar muy bajo, pero también muy alto, con una voz femenina de tono alto que es divertida para los contrastes.

Poncho SaGo Pregunta: ¿Conoces a Lena Katina ex-Tatu? ¿Te gustaría grabar algo con ella?

No, nunca la he conocido, pero me encanta Tatu. Si hubiera una buena canción para nosotras, por supuesto que cantaría con ella :-)

¿Qué opinas de la situación que está pasando Carly Smithson cantante de We Are The Fallen al ser comparada con amy lee de evanescence? Tú has estado en esa situación donde la gente te ha criticado injustamente ¿qué le dirías a esos fans que critican a Carly sin conocer su música?

Creo que toda la comparación entre las cantantes es un poco triste porque todo el mundo es bueno a su manera y debe ser apreciado por su talento. Entiendo que algunos fans puedan sentirse decepcionados con los cambios de cantantes, pero es muy diferente estar triste que odiar y escupir su frustración en youtube y en otros foros. Si no te gusta la nueva cantante, escucha los viejos álbumes y sigue adelante. No den a las personas inocentes un odio que no merecen.

¿Sientes que tu esencia musical ha cambiado después de estar en NW?

No, sigo siendo la misma.  

¿Crees que Floor Jansen tenga que pasar por lo mismo que han pasado tú y Tarja?

Ella podría pasar por eso, pero después de conocer nuestra situación, supongo que también tiene la opción de aceptar o no, aun tiene el poder de elegir.

Después de haber sido tan criticada y despreciada por muchos fans al no tener un registro lírico, ¿Que se siente saber que hay muchos fans que extrañan tu voz y están al pendiente sobre tu disco solista?

Eso es muy agradable y hay un montón de fans que les gustaba mi voz en Nightwish, y no son aquellos que critican en Internet :-) Nosotros vendimos muchos discos del Dark Passion Play, que sólo demuestra que fue del agrado de muchos, así que estoy contenta de lanzar mí álbum solista para aquellos a quienes les gusta mi voz. Hay mucho más para mostrarle a la gente de lo que he hecho hasta ahora.

Adrian Torres pregunta: ¿Qué se siente mirarse al espejo y decir soy una gran artista, he estado en increíbles bandas, tengo muchísimos fans que me apoyan y una prometedora carrera como solista?

Oh, qué lindo, pero eso no es algo que pienso sobre mi misma. Estoy bendecida y agradecida por mi trabajo y por todos los fans que me escuchan y siempre estaré agradecida por eso.

Fernando Olzon dice que te ama y pregunta: ¿podemos saber el nombre de tu primer single?

No, todavía no :-)

Y para finalizar con la entrevista queremos decirte que tienes muchos fans en Latinoamérica, muchos extrañan tu voz y quieren verte en vivo, por lo cual muchos preguntan.

¿Harás una gira por Latinoamérica?

Oh, no puedo responder a eso todavía. Primero vamos a ver cómo es recibido mi álbum por allá y si existe una demanda para una gira. Pero me encantaría volver y especialmente para visitar Manaus y la selva de nuevo, ¡fue verdaderamente increíble!

Anette, Gracias: D

¡Les deseo todo lo mejor!

AND IN ENGLISH:


Hi Anette, I'm Sele Gonzalez from Dark Sirens page, I have a few questions for you, hopefully you can answer. 

First of all, so many fans miss your sweet voice and can’t wait to hear something new about yourself, so in this interview we want to know something about your solo career. 

Now that you're on your own, have you received invitations from new bands to join them? Or would you like to create a new band?
 
- I get invitations from different projects all the time but so far I haven´t found any of them suitable for me.

What are your plans musically?
 
- Some plans are still secret but my solo album will be out next year.
 


In your country you are a woman harassed by fans?
 
- No, here it´s really calm and that´s nice:-)
 


What were you doing when you were not a singer? Always wanted to sing? At what age did you start to sing?
 
- I´ve always been singing since childhood but before I started working as a full-time singer I´ve worked in many different jobs. I´ve been working as a project assistant, CEO secretary and web assistant in offices, as a veterinarian assistant, waitress and much more. I´ve also studied psychology and project management courses in the university.
 


What are your influences, your favorite singers?
 
- There are many actually, but Sarah Brightman, Faith Hill, Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion and more.
 


Now what is your biggest inspiration?
 
- Life:-)
 


How is the process of writing your new album, will it be a personal album or have a concept?
 
- It´s a personal album and the songs are written mostly in 2009 but also some are done now. I write quite sad songs and I guess it´s because I´m like the clowns who look happy on the outside but have a lot of sorrow and hurt on the inside. Things that has been painful in the past is easy to use in my lyrics.
 


What will be the genre of this new music?
 
- Hard to say a genre since there´s so many different songs.
 


When will you release your book?
 
- don´t know yet. There are things I want to focus on first, like my album, but one day.
 


What do you think about the duet between Tarja and Sharon?
 
- I think it´s great and the song is catchy and fun. Both ladies are amazing singers so can´t be anything other than a hit!
 


Would you like to do a duet with Tarja?
 
- Yes, that would be fun:-)
 


It’s true that in the first show of DPP Tarja sent you flowers and a letter?
 
- No, that´s not true.
 


Besides your blog do you like to have an official Facebook page?
 
- I don´t know. Might have one when my album gets out but not for now.
 


Questions from fans: 

Luis Chaves says hello from Costa Rica and asks: Anette How do you define yourself as a singer?
 
- I think I´m a versatile singer. I can sing many different styles and have a wide register. I can sing really low but also really high with a high pitched girlie voice which is fun for contrasts.
 


Poncho Sago ask: Do you know Lena Katina ex tatu? Would you like to record something with her?
 
- No, I´ve never met her but I love Tatu. If there would be a good song for us, of course:-)
 


What do you think about the drama that is happening to Carly Smithson singer from we are the fallen when people compared her with amy lee from evanescence? You've been in that situation where people criticized. what would you say to those fans who criticize without knowing anything about Carly’s music?
 
- I think the whole comparison between singers is a bit sad cause everyone is good in their own way and should be appreciated for their talent. I understand some fans who can feel disappointed in singer changes but there´s a different in being sad about it and then to hate and spit out their frustration in you tube and other forums. If you don´t like the new singer, listen to the old singers albums and move along. Do not give innocent people hate they do not deserve.
 


Do you feel your musical essence has changed after being in NW? 
- No, I´m still the same.
 


Do you think that Floor Jansen will go through the same situation as you and Tarja?
 
- She might have to do that but after knowing our situations, I guess she also has the choice of not taking the job so she has the power still to choose. 


Having been so criticized and despised by many fans for not have a lyrical voice, How does it feel to know that there are many fans who miss your voice and want your solo album?
 

- That´s so nice and there´s a lot of fans who liked my voice in NW, but they aren´t the ones who write in the internet:-) We sold so many albums of DPP which only proves I was liked by many, so I am happy I´m gonna release my solo for those who liked my voice. There are so much more to show people than I´ve done so far.

Adrian Torres ask: How does it feel to look in the mirror and say "I am a great artist, I've been in amazing bands, I have many fans who support me and a promising solo career"?
 

- Oh, that´s a nice question, cause that´s not something I think about like that. But I am blessed and thankful for my job and for every fan who listen to me and I´ll always be thankful for that!

Fernando Olzon says he loves you and asks: can we know the name of your first single?
 
- No, not yet.
 


And to end the interview we want to tell you that you have many fans in Latin America, and they want to see you live, so… 

Will you do a tour in Latin America?
 
- Oh, I can´t answer that yet. Let´s first see how my album will sell over there and if there´s a demand for a tour. But I would love to come back and especially to visit Manaus and the jungle again, it was truly amazing!
 


Ok, that’s all, thanks, we hope you can answer these questions, Thank you :D 

22 comments:

Dalma said...

You weren't so talkative. You are a real Swede. :D

If you write about sad things, why don't you create some doom metal songs? That's my favorite genre. =)

Anyway, did you receive my letter?

eskoplja said...

Thanks for sharing the interview. I am now more eager to hear at least some of your songs. I agree with what you said when you are sad/have a sad memory, it's best to transform it into a poem or a drawing :)
And what Dalma said...doom metal would sound great :)
Big hugs

Ena :*

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Nettie, you're amazing

Deyanira said...

Thank you Anette for answers the questions. For all your fans is so great read this! :D I hope you can come to Latin America :D

kerosene said...

Nettie is always a sugar pie for her fans :D
Hope to know more about the new album and it would be interesting to see a musical collaboration or something really dark from your inspiration.

Micha said...

The idea of eskoplja and Dalma sounds interesting. Doom Metal like your song with Swallow the sun. It´s amazing!

Today I´ve seen "Now you see me" you once recomended. It´s really a good movie but the trailer promisses more than it is. It´s good, but I was a bit disappointed, too...It was too unreal for me.

Nalon said...

Hello Anette,
Thank you to share this interview:).

I can´nit wait to hear your Album. My Wishlist is very long now.

And thanks for your training tip for beginners;)

Sleep well.

Nalon

Zuwe said...

Hi dear Anette! Beautiful interview thank you so much!

I know a magazine which is interested in making an interview with you, do you have some manage e-mail to contact you?

Anonymous said...

Hi Anette , how are you?
Thanks for sharing the interview,
I can't wait for your solo album ^^
about the tour in latin america hehe come to colombia!!! I hope someday I can have the oportunity to see you live and listen your beautiful voice again. =)
Have a wonderful day , take care.

Unknown said...

it's great to see that you took the time to answer this 'facebook' interview.. I'm a follower of this page even tought is mostly in spanish it's a great page, they talk about a lot of bands! Especially nightwish tarja and you and now floor...
about the interview it's quite intersting the fact that you write about sad things and you feel like a clown, that was a very honest answer.
also i was shocked to read that you're still the same after being in nw i thought that maybe just maybe you would take some influences for your music or something.
Lastly i'm curious you never felt like helping the guys to co-write songs?? Or maybe Tuomas didn't allowed/requested it.

i cant help but think you and tarja had a lot of things in common...
she says even tough she's a happy person she writes very drepressing stuff and she can't help it.
both of you girls, are one of a kind!

great interview, i hope we get to read/see more of you. Cause after the split you vanished from the media.

Thanks god for this blog!!! :)

Serafim said...

Thank you so much for sharing this interview with us. It's really interesting! :-)
Have a good day, dear Anette!
With love,
Margarita

Lucinda said...

Interesting interview, now I guess we all can't wait for next year :D I'm really happy for you and for the fans who get the change to have a very nice solo album with your own songs and sweet voice on it ^^

And about Floor, I guess it might also be a matter of matching personalities; besides, she has another band to express herself with, it is not something you or Tarja had (NW takes already a lot of time, so I completely understand that!). I don't know anything about either NW or Floor personally, but maybe she'll manage to cope with whatever situation she'll face precisely thanks to ReVamp. Perhaps NW finally learned from the past as well!

Thanks for sharing the interview :)

Pascal said...

Hi Anette!

Thank you so much for the interview and the english translation :) It was nice to read and I´m looking forward to your album. I´ll buy it the day it is published here in Germany :). The interesting thing is, I went throug a lot, lot of hard times already. They left scars didn´t break me and I´m all in all a very positive person. Not always, but mostly. But I like that you said you write sad songs, because as positive I am, but I like sad music a lot. Maybe we sometimes search our "contrast" in music?

I´m sorry that part of your family and you were or are ill. I wish you much healthiness :). My mum and me are ill too since yesterday, but luckily not that bad.

And I read you writing in german on your instagram. That was so sweet :). I imagine you talking in german with a cute swedish accent. Please write more often in german :). And when we meet in person one day, we´ll also have a german talk, ok? That would be so nice :).

Take good care now of yourself please and have a very nice time :). *Weekend, YES!!!* :).

Hugs,
Pascal

TheDeadUnicorn said...

That was so interesting!I'm glad you like TaTu,I enjoy their music,as well.
I'm awfully excited for your solo album,and I'm super happy to know it'll be out next year!Ahhhh.Can't wait to see you back on stage!
Love you,
xx

Wall said...

Very kind of you post the Spanish version of the interview! Here in south america you're truly loved and we're really anxious about your new cd!

The One Who Should Die said...

Thanks you for translating! Can you speak Spanish? :)

FAQing Amazing said...

Please, PLEASE don't forget about latin america!! I saw you here in Chile in 2008 and I would do anything to see you again!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great interview and thanks for the translation :-)

I share similar thoughts with what you said about singer changes. I read comments on Youtube under a song from a completely different band to NW and all I read are comments like "This is like NW with Tarja!".

*Sigh* Some people, eh?... :-)

Melrose Triviani said...

I love this interview ! And do you believe it can be possible to make a duet with Tarja ? :D
Love.
PS : Bad english, I'm sorry ... But you're the best one !

Unknown said...

Hello Anette, I am so glad that you answered those questions and I loved reading your answers. I love how you are so open to your fans. My boyfriend met you back when you first toured with Nightwish and he says you were the only one in the band to say something to him at the meet and greet. We both love you a lot and cannot wait to hear your album next year <3

centurychild said...

Hi Anette!
You said that You haven't changed musically. But You surely did. Listen to Yourself performing e.g. Amaranth from 2007 and compare it to the one from 2013. And it's all becase of Nightwish and You can't say it is not! And also You mentioned something about being sad etc. and I assume that You also mean that You were not so happy in the band but bring back Your memories or just watch some films on YT and it may remind You of something.
About the book thing. What is it going to be about? While writing about Nightwish put Your sad and bad moments aside and write everything what is true. Let it be objective! And please remember that the guys may not want to be described in Your book as You don't want to appear on Their DVD documentary!!!

And to people!!! Anette is not the one to talk about Floor Jansen!!! It' none of Her business!!!

centurychild said...

Hi Anette!
You said that You haven't changed musically. But You surely did. Listen to Yourself performing e.g. Amaranth from 2007 and compare it to the ones from 2013. And it's all becase of Nightwish and You can't say it is not! And also You mentioned something about being sad etc. and I assume that You also mean that You were not so happy in the band but bring back Your memories or just watch some films on YT and it may remind You of something.
About the book thing. What is it going to be about? While writing about Nightwish put Your sad and mad moments aside and write everything what is true. Let it be objective! And please remember that the guys may not be described in Your book as You don't want to appear on Their DVD documentary!!!

And to people!!! Anette is not the one to talk about Floor Jansen!!! It' none of Her business!!!

Anette I wish You all the best for You and Your family!!!