I got a request if I could post a recipe for Swedish traditional Semlor by DarkPassionTia and I found a great one from a great baker - Leila Lindholm.
Recipe freely translated by me and original recipe is found here: http://www.leila.se/leilas-semlor/recept/bakverk/index1,23.htm?id=2853
Semlor är kanske det godaste som finns! Leilas semlor med hemgjord mandelmassa är något utöver det vanliga... Foto: Wolfgang Kleinschmidt
- 1 table spoon of cardamom seeds
- 3dl of milk
- 50 gram of fresh yeast
- 1 1/2 dl of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 150 gram of soft butter
- 1 ecologic egg
- 11-12 dl wheat flour special (a finer flour than the normal wheat flour)
- 400 gram of almond icing
- 1 splash of milk
- 8dl of cream
- Egg for brushing
- powdered sugar
Homemade almond icing, 1/2 kilo
- 250 gram of almonds
- 2 1/2 dl of sugar
1 dose of wheat paste:
- Stir the cardamom seeds in a pestle and heat the milk until it has a temperature of 37 degrees (finger warm)
- Crumb the yeast into a bowl and solve it with the milk, sugar, salt , butter and egg
- Add some flour, a bit at the time and work together to a smooth paste.
- Let the paste rise in a bowl under a baking clothe to its double size for appr. 45-60 minutes.
Home made among icing:
- Parboil and peal the almonds.
- Mix the almonds to a fine powder in a mixer.
- Add sugar and mix for 5-7 minutes until its a nice hot and smooth paste.
- Divide the paste into 18 pieces and form to round buns.
- Put the buns onto tin plates with baking paper on.
- Put the oven to 200 degrees
- Let them rise under a baking clothe for 45-60 minutes.
- Brush the bunds with whipped egg and bake them in the middle of the oven for 6-7 minutes. Let them cool off.
- Cut off the top of the buns and kibble out the buns pulp
- Stir the buns pulp creamy with grinded almond icing and a pinch of milk.
- Fill the buns with almond icing, whipped cream and put the lid on top. Powder sugar on top.
I was living in Sweden this year until september and I love semla, I think semla should sell all year, it's fantastic!
Tack så mycket för recept!
Tack så jättemycket!! ♥
Oh, thank you! I have always wanted to taste it. Maybe I'll try to make it by myself.
Post a Comment